Wow, time flies! Right before 7.2.5 lands, I want to take the time and give a quick update on the development of Xu-Fu 2.0
I hinted towards it last year already (in this news post
), and now I'm slowly reaching the point were things will become real.
This first big release contains many features that all need to be in place together to make sense.
None of them work without the others, and of course they should work properly and reliable, which are the reasons why I'm taking my time with them.
So here's the current plan and status:
User Registration and Login: Done
Login with Battle.net: Done
Personal profile page: Done
Settings (email / pw change etc.): Done
Selectable user icons (including character pics): Done
Automatic import of pet collection: 90%
Comment system rework: 60%
Messaging system: 0%
Notification system revamp: 0%
Login screen with recent activities: 0%
Once all that is done and live, I can add more features on top of it one by one.
There won't be any need to bundle them up anymore, and I hope to have smaller things done and live in much shorter turnarounds.
Here's what I'm planning for after 2.0:
- Updating pet lists for each section to check against user collections
- Revamp of the battle tables: favourite, upvote/downvote, breeds, new rematch version
- Revamp of the alternatives: clever sorting, show strategies you have the pets for first
- Utilities Section: Helpful tools for battling and collecting
- Interface for users to upload their own strategies
- Perhaps partnering up with other community pages or apps?
- Any other crazy stuff! Maybe a reputation system? Roles/titles? A pet achievement helper?
Wow-petguide.com is definitely the largest project I've ever started and worked on, and even though it eats up my spare time like nothing, it's incredible fun and engaging. I am indeed very proud and happy to see it growing.
The best of all are the helping hands and encouraging comments from our little pet community. That's the fuel that keeps me going and makes me push forward :-)